Windsor Castle, Bath & Stonehenge Tour with Entries & Free Lunch Pack
First stop on this awesome tour is the lavish Windsor Castle. Take a short walk through the quaint town of Windsor and approach Her Majesty the Queen's favourite weekend residence! A royal home for over 900 years, this sprawling castle is spectacular and steeped in history.
The State Apartments are a sight to behold. Filled with ornate weaponry and priceless works of art, including pieces by Leonardo da Vinci and Rembrandt, the audio guide tells you all you need to know about each lavishly decorated room. Visit Queen Mary's intricate doll's house, which features tiny silverware, a miniscule working kitchen and a mini version of the Crown Jewels! St George's Chapel is the final resting place of the Queen Mother, as well as Henry VIII and his most-loved wife Jane Seymour.
Continue your picturesque journey to the mystical Stonehenge. These mysterious rocks have stood on Salisbury Plain for over 5,000 years; some say we will never know for sure what they stand for. Perhaps this is an astronomical clock? Maybe it was a religious temple. Whatever you decide, nothing can compare to the feeling of standing in front of such an ancient monument.
Please note that on the 20th and 21st June 2017, the tour will be visiting Avebury instead of Stonehenge due to Summer Solstice.
Avebury (only on 20th and 21st June 2017)
As one of the most well-known pre-historic areas in the country, Avebury will have you asking questions, discovering ancient secrets and mesmerised by its size. The Neolithic monument dates back to the 3rd millennium BC and has Europe's biggest stone circles which are considered hugely important to many religious followers.
Free Lunch Pack - More Sightseeing Time
To save you time, money and the struggle of finding somewhere to eat, our tour also includes a totally tasty Lunch pack! Avoid wasting time waiting for a meal in a restaurant - it means you can make the most of each stop and won't waste valuable exploring time.
A breathtaking city, Bath was the first city in England to become a UNESCO World Heritage site. Filled with exquisite Roman and Georgian architecture and featuring natural hot springs that were once popular for public bathing, see the 15th century Bath Abbey and explore the amazing independent shops and quaint cafes.
You can't have a soak in them anymore, but the Roman Baths are still a charming historic attraction and gave the city its name - proof that the Baths are definitely worth seeing! You will also visit the Pump Room and have the opportunity to sip Bath's waters in this enchanting neo-classical salon.
Estimated arrival time back in London is approximately 8.00pm.
Free Walking Tour
The perfect addition to exploring the UK is a free London walking tour. Fun, informative and a great way to see the city, get up close and personal with a number of famous London hotspots. Get inside information about the Royal family's favourite London haunts or discover where iconic band The Beatles made music and let their hair down. Your free walking tour can be taken at any time during your stay.
- The Royal Walking Tour
- The Beatles London Walking Tour
What's Included in the tour
- Admissions to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Roman Baths
- Professional Guide
- Transportation by Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach
- Free Lunch Pack
- Free Walking Tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Food and beverages unless stated differently
- Hotel return
- This tour will depart promptly at 8:15am April onward and return at approximately 8:00pm
- Windsor Castle is a working royal palace and planned closures/disruptions may be subject to change. Please view the Schedule tab above for full information on closures.
- Bookings made after midnight for the same day will not receive a free Lunch pack
- *During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used.
- When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
- On 18 June 2017, the group will visit Hampton Court Palace instead of Windsor Castle.
Days of departure: Daily
Departure point: 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
Return Point: Kensington and Victoria areas - subject to traffic conditions
Windsor Castle completely closed:
- 25 - 26 December 2017
- When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary's Dolls' House and the Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
- When Windsor Castle is completely closed, we will visit Hampton Court instead.
Golden Tours Visitors Centre, 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
or Golden Tours Visitors Centre, 156 Cromwell Road, London SW7 4EF
Tel: +44 (0)20 7233 7030
- Entry to the incredible Windsor Castle
- See Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House & The State Apartments
- Visit world-famous Stonehenge
- Entrance to Roman Baths and Pump Rooms with Spa Water Tasting
- Free Walking Tour
- Free Lunch Pack
- Travel in a luxury air-conditioned coach
- Free Wi-Fi on our coaches*
- This Tour Operates in
- : Tuesday & Friday
- : Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
- : Sunday