Hard Hat Vaults Tour Summer 2018
Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol.
Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. We cannot issue refunds to under 18s who are not accompanied by an adult.
The Clifton Suspension Bridge Hard Hat Tour is a two hour experience which begins at the Clifton Toll Booth on the Bristol side of the bridge. During the tour, you will learn about the construction and discovery of the huge red brick abutments which support the bridge towers before donning a hard hat and high vis jacket and exploring two of the twelve vaulted chambers inside the Leigh Woods abutment.
Visits must be pre-booked online and cost £14 per person, plus booking fee.
• Tours are suitable for age 7+ and under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
• There is a minimum height limit of 1.2m.
• Please wear sturdy shoes with good grip such as hiking boots or trainers. You will not be allowed to join the tour in heels or open-toed shoes.
• This tour includes climbing a vertical ladder and passing through a low corridor. Please ensure that you are physically capable of doing so. Find more information at http://www.cliftonbridge.org.uk/vaultsbooking
• Please ensure that any camera, phone, or device you bring will fit in your pocket or bag so that you have two hands free to climb the ladder.
• Only small rucksack type bags worn over both shoulders or bags with cross-body straps will be permitted inside the vaults. Large bags, handbags, umbrellas and so on can be stored securely at the Visitor Centre during your tour.
• Be aware that the vaults can be wet and/or muddy inside, particularly after heavy rain. Please wear suitable clothing and ensure that cameras or mobile phones are protected from the calcite saturated water which may fall from the ceiling.
• Please call us on 0117 974 4664 before booking if you are concerned about claustrophobia or vertigo.
All participants will be required to fill in a form prior to taking part in the activity to acknowledge they:
• Are aware of the potential risks involved.
• Confirm they are physically fit.
• Will follow the instructions given by the guide.
Staff and volunteers at CSBT are not medically qualified and so are not in a position to assess the capacity of participants to undertake an activity. It remains your responsibility to undertake such an assessment prior to participation. If you have any of the following medical conditions we strongly recommend you consult your doctor prior to participation: Heart disease or any cardiac condition that may require immediate medical attention; neck or back injuries; recent, reoccurring or existing injuries; severe allergic reactions; haemophilia; epilepsy; asthma; diabetes; currently taking any blood thinning medication.