Orchids Festival: After Hours
Kew Gardens via Jodrell Gate, Kew.
Orchids Festival: After Hours Tickets
Immerse yourself in a celebration of Thailand's vibrant colours, culture, and magnificent plant life at the Orchids Festival: After Hours event. Enjoy exclusive access to the tropical paradise of The Princess of Wales Conservatory after dark and wander amongst the vibrant displays of orchids after the crowds have left for the day. It'll feel like you're in Thailand as you and your friends enjoy:
• Traditional Thai dance performances -talented dancers will represent north and south Thailand
• An authentic Thai head massage and spa treatments - wellness and serenity, both in body and mind, are important in Thai culture
• Thai art of vegetable carving - enjoy demonstrations of this intricate and exceptional art, where the chef will create flowers and patterns almost too good to eat!
• Try on traditional Thai dress - learn about Thai traditional dress and enjoy the most tropical selfie opportunity you'll get this Winter
• Delight in the aroma of orchids - learn how orchids attract their pollinators with gorgeous - and not so pleasant - scents, with our perfume expert
• Be awed by the orchids - hear from Kew experts on how the orchid festival was built and how important orchids are to our ecosystem
There will be traditional Thai cuisine for you to purchase and enjoy, and a themed bar serving cocktails, alcoholic drinks as well as insects you can eat!
Grab your friends and enjoy a night out like no other.
• No under 18's permitted
• Please note that your After Hours ticket does not permit you entry to the Gardens during the day
• Booking in advance is essential, online booking only.
• Please note that access to the event is only through Jodrell Gate. This gate is not normally open to the public, and is accessed via Kew Road. It is equidistant from Kew Bridge station and Kew Gardens station
• The event takes place inside The Princess of Wales Conservatory, which is a very short walk through the Gardens from Jodrell Gate. The path will be lit and stewards will show you the way.
• Regrettably The Princess of Wales Conservatory is not fully accessible. Wheelchairs are permitted but mobility scooters are not. Kew has made every endeavor to ensure many of our events are accessible, while working within an architecturally complex building.
• For the safety and security of everyone we will carry out full security checks at the entrance gate. Your belongings and your person may be searched. Please bring only what is essential to your evening. If you see anything suspicious or any persons acting suspiciously, please tell the nearest member of staff immediately. Please do not leave any belongings unattended at any time.