Drink London! Historical Pub Walking Tour
- Visit 4-5 of London's most historic pubs
- Walk in the literary footsteps of Shakespeare & Dickens
- Enjoy quirky history as we walk down the "street of shame"
- Hear the legend of the Demon Barber of Fleet Street and visit haunted alehouses
- Finish close to Covent Garden with all West End attractions within a short walk
ScheduleAvailable: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 2:00pm
Meeting point: Outside St Paul’s Underground Station (Exit 2)
Finishing close to Holborn Underground Station
DescriptionEnjoy a gentle stroll through London's liquid history, whilst pausing for a pint or two in the most famous pubs on this fascinating historical walking tour.
Follow in the literary footsteps of Shakespeare, Dickens, Pepys & Johnson whilst strolling the "street of shame". Starting close to the iconic St.Paul's Cathedral, you will soon explore the hidden backstreets and quiet courtyards London is famous for.
Stopping in art nouveau pubs, ancient alehouses, timeless taverns, and glamorous gin palaces there is time for a leisurely drink in each (at your own expense). Taste London's famous real ales, craft beers or sip a gin & tonic along the way, whilst enjoying a smattering of quirky history along the way. Hear the tales of Sweeney Todd as you pass through the heart of legal London, often stopping at its oldest tailor or sneaking through the secretive Inns of Court. The walk finishes close to Holborn underground station, on the doorstep to Covent Garden and the bright lights of the West End attractions.
What's Included in the tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- All drinks at own expense
- You must give 72 hours notice of departure in order to cancel this product
- Those under 25 years should bring photo ID to purchase alcoholic beverages