Jack the Ripper Tour + The London Dungeon
Tickets not available
DescriptionTake to the streets of Whitechapel and hear the gruesome tales surrounding the infamous killer, Jack the Ripper. Then visit the spine-chilling London Dungeon, with your priority access ticket.
Jack the Ripper Walking Tour:
Jack the Ripper Murders - It happened here in London in the year 1888.
In the early hours of 31st August 1888, a man walking to work down a dark lane in Whitechapel saw a shapeless bundle lying on the ground near some gates. Curious, he went over to investigate. His gruesome discovery of a murdered East End prostitute then started one of the most famous man hunts in the world. Ripperologists and amateur sleuths to this day are still trying to work out the identity of a man they called Jack the Ripper.
This fascinating Jack the Ripper walking tour will follow the trail left by Jack the Ripper, the serial killer who once reigned supreme in the area of Whitechapel. You will begin at Trader’s Gate, before continuing down Aldgate High Street to Mitre Square. Mitre Square is infamous as the place where Jack the Ripper claimed not one, but two victims. Moving on, you will arrive at Goulston Street, which is arguably where the most vital clue to potentially solving the case of Jack the Ripper may be found. Traverse Commerical Street before arriving at Hanbury Street, where the body of horrifically mutilated Anne Chapman was discovered.
The notorious Jack the Ripper’s Whitechapel murders are as controversial and unfathomable to many in the modern age as they were in the Victorian era. Jack the Ripper eluded identification in his age, and continues to do so.
Who was Jack the Ripper? Come closer to fathoming the man behind the legend on this unforgettable walking tour.
This tour will finish at approximately 7.30pm near Liverpool Street Station.
The New London Dungeon:
Discover the all new, bigger and bolder London Dungeon.
Previously based in Tooley Street for 37 years, we are now next to the EDF Energy London Eye.
With a full cast of 20 brilliant actors in 18 new shows, rich sets, special effects and 2 exciting new rides, we’ll take you on a unique 90 minute thrill-filled journey through 1000 years of London’s murky past.
Come with us and meet London’s most infamous villains, rogues and rascals. Head-off on the all new Boat Ride to Traitor’s Gate and encounter Henry VIII. Remember, remember the 5th November in a new show with Guy Fawkes – it’s sure to be explosive.
Have a short, back and sides courtesy of Sweeney Todd and ‘meat’ Mrs Lovett. She’s got fingers in a few pies. Fancy an evening stroll? Jack the Ripper would love to take you out in Old Whitechapel.
And with new scripts, costumes, make-up and a few surprises – we’re London’s must see attraction in 2013.
ScheduleJack the Ripper Walking Tour:
Daily at 6:00pm
Departure Point and Directions:
Traders Gate Souvenir Shop, 35 Tower Hill, London EC3. Come out from Tower Hill station and walk down the steps on the right, the departure point is located at the bottom of the steps on the right hand side.
Nearest Underground Station: Tower Hill Station (District and Circle lines)
Return Location: Near Liverpool Street Underground Station
The London Dungeon:
Click here to see opening time for 2018
Please Note: The opening times for the October Half Term period between 21st and 29th October 2018 are
- Saturday 21st October 2017 to Wednesday 25th October 2017 from 10:00 - 20:00
- Thursday 26th October 2017 from 11:00 - 20:00
- Friday 27th October 2017 to Saturday 28th October 2017 from 10:00 - 21:00
- Sunday 29th October 2017 from 10:00 - 19:00
What's Included in the tour
- Guided Jack the Ripper walking tour
- London Dungeon Amission
What's Excluded in the tour
- Food and beverages
- The Dungeon is not recommended for those of nervous disposition or very young children.
- This ticket is for 'Priority Access' admission. There may be a queue at the 'Priority Access' entrance during busy periods.
- Children up to 15 years of age will not be permitted to enter the attraction unless accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that the busiest period at the London Dungeon is between 11am and 3pm, so it is advisable to visit at a different time.
London Dungeon, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB.
Nearest Train Station: Waterloo
Jack the Ripper Walking Tour
Departure Point: Traders Gate Souvenir Shop, 35 Tower Hill, London, EC3.
Nearest Underground Station: Tower Hill Station
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
HighlightsJack the Ripper Walking Tour:
- Spooking Jack the Ripper Walking Tour
- Professional Guide
- Discover the stories behind the mysterious Whitechapel Murders
- Live actors, shows, rides and interactive special effects
- 'Surgery: Blood and Guts' New at the London Dungeon
- Enter Jack the Ripper’s Whitechapel