Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds without Entrances
DescriptionSee some of the most beautiful spots in the UK on this excellent tour of Shakespeare’s home town Stratford-upon-Avon and an official Area of Outstanding Beauty, the Cotswolds. An expert guide leads the way, regaling you with stories and interesting facts about the rich history of these beautiful places.
The home town of legendary playwright William Shakespeare is the first stop on this day trip. Filled with history, there are plenty of houses and cottages that still stand in the traditional half-timbered style. Explore the town at your own pace, soaking up the unique atmosphere of this special place.
Visit what is often agreed to be one of the most beautiful areas in the whole of the UK. Quaint villages and breathtaking scenery, the Cotswolds looks like it jumped off the pages of a storybook. The tour makes photo stops at three stunning Cotswolds villages: Bourton-on-the-Water, also known as ‘Little Venice’ due to its low bridges and stone banks, Burford which features an ornate medieval bridge and Bibury, a town once described by William Morris as ‘the most beautiful village in England’.
Anne Hathaway’s Cottage
Have the special experience of visiting Shakespeare’s famous bride Anne Hathaway’s cottage and gardens. An unassuming, quaint thatched farmhouse, this amazing piece of history features many original items of family furniture, including the Hathaway bed. Surrounded by stunning gardens, see where Shakespeare courted his future bride – simply unmissable!
After a wonderful day of sightseeing, arrive back to London at the approximate time of 6.30pm.
- What's Included in the tour
- Visit to Stratford-upon-Avon
- Photo stops at Bourton-on-the-Water and Bibury
- Transportation by Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach
- Professional Guide
What's Excluded in the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Admission to any venue
- Food and beverages
- During peak periods, additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi may be used
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- Explore the rich history and stunning beauty of Shakespeare’s home town
- Take time to look around at your leisure
- Experience an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the Cotswolds
- Stop at three quaint towns – Bibury, Bourton-on-the-Water and Burford
- Travel in a luxury air-conditioned coach with free Wi-Fi
ScheduleDays Of Operation:
April to November: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
December to March: Thursday & Saturday
Departure point: 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
Return Point: Kensington and Victoria areas - subject to traffic conditions