The View from the Shard Tickets with Champagne
Tickets not available
- London's newest and most eagerly awaited attraction
- The Shard is the tallest building in western Europe at a height of 1,016ft (310m)
- Twice the height of any other viewing platform in London, offers a 360 degree, 40mile view
- No need to select a time of visit. Fully flexible tickets for the date you select
- The entire experience is enjoyed at your leisure with no time restriction on your stay
- Avoid waiting in the queues with fast-track entry
- Glass of Champagne
Days of Operation:
April - October
- Open 10am -10pm (last entry 8:30pm) Sunday to Thursday
- Open 10am -11pm (last entry 9:30pm) Friday and Saturday. On the following dates The Shard will close at 10 pm - 25-Jul, 8-Aug, 22-Aug, 05-Sep, 12-Sep, 23-Sep, 26-Sep,08-Oct and 10-Oct
November - March
- Open 10am - 7pm Sunday - Wednesday (last entry 5:30pm)
- Open 10am - 10pm Thursday - Saturday
Click here to view early closures for 2018
The View from The Shard
At almost twice the height of any other viewing platform in London, The View from The Shard offers visitors the chance to embark on a multi-sensory journey to 244m (800ft) above one of the greatest cities on earth. Situated at the top of The Shard, the tallest building in Western Europe at a height of 1,016ft (310m), a 360 degree, 64km (40mile) view reveals London's past, present and future, brought to life with multimedia displays.
Journey through the attraction
Entrance and Level One:
From the entrance at Joiner Street, guests begin their exploration of the UK’s capital. Over 140 famous Londoners in playful juxtapositions.
Around the gallery, animated maps and video screens set the historic context of The Shard’s London Bridge location – the oldest crossing point over the Thames - around which the city has expanded.
Guests also have the opportunity to have their picture taken in front of ‘green screens’ capturing them in front of the perfect view over London. Prepare to travel skywards towards the view.
In total, guests travel in four separate lifts up and down to the viewing galleries. The lifts travel at six meters per second, making the total lift journey time from Level 1 to level 68 around 60 seconds.
Transfer Zone (Level 33)
Guests transfer lifts at Level 33 through an all-enveloping graffiti word map of London.
The Cloudscape (Level 68)
Guests depart the lifts at level 68. Here the view is obscured with playful cloudscapes and the names of different cloud formations that guests might see from the viewing decks on Levels 69 and 72.
Each cloud has an indication of what weather might be following its appearance.
The indoor viewing galleries and Tell: Scopes (Level 69)
Level 69 is the triple-height, light-filled, main viewing gallery where breath-taking, 360 degree views for up to 40 miles (64km) over the capital are revealed.
The city of London is brought to life on 12, free to use, ‘Tell: scopes’ – ultra high-tech digital telescopes that are being used in Europe for the first time. The Tell: scopes enable guests to explore the city around them in real time, as well as offering alternative (pre-recorded) day and night-time views. Fully interactive, they are able to identify over 200 famous landmarks and places of significant interest and offer information about them in 10 languages.
Partially outdoor viewing gallery (Level 72)
For the most profound experience, guests can go higher to the viewing gallery at Level 72 (800ft/244m). Here, at the very highest public level of the building, partially open-air and exposed to the elements, guests are surrounded by the giant shards of glass that form the top of The Shard and can fully experience the sounds and atmosphere of the city below. Looking up guests can see the very pinnacle of the shard (see above).
Descent and exit
Guests descend in multimedia-enhanced lifts that reflect the trip back down to earth. The sky recedes, the seasons change, and the hustle and bustle of the streets of London comes into focus. Visitors arrive back in the ground floor gallery, and an extensive gift shop.
What's Included in the tour
- Entrance to View from The Shard
- Glass of Champagne
- Audio Guides in 11 Languages
What's Excluded in the tour
- Your fully flexible ticket means that you do not need to advise a time for your visit, you are free to visit at any time on the date you have selected. At very busy times, you may encounter a short wait before entering.
- Free amendments
- The Champagne served is Lanson Black Label
- Guests must be after 18 or over to enjoy a glass of champagne
The View from The Shard, Joiner Street, London Bridge, London, SE1
Nearest Underground and Train Station: London Bridge
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.