Westminster Abbey, Afternoon Tea and 24 Hour Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Explore the historic Westminster Abbey in London’s iconic Parliament Square
- Discover Poets’ Corner and come up close to the Coronation Chair
- Settle down to the quintessential tradition of afternoon tea in the Abbey
- Enjoy a panoramic open top bus tour through the heart of London
- Unlimited hop-on hop-off for 24 hours on 3 routes and over 60 stops
ScheduleWestminster Abbey Afternoon Tea
Monday to Friday from 9.30am
Location: Westminster Abbey North Door and Cellarium Cafe Entrance
Please Note timings for 2018:
- Monday to Friday - Due to daily service there will be no entry between 12:00pm to 1:00pm. However visitors already in the Abbey do not need to leave during this time.
- The Abbey is a fully working church therefore we are subject to closures at short notice.
- Wednesday 25 April 2018 – Closed all day
- Wednesday 9 May 2018 Open 9:30am – 2:00pm – Closed after 2:00pm
- Monday 14 May 2018 Open 9:30am – 12:30pm – Closed after 12:30pm
- Tuesday 15 May 2018 Open 9:30 am – 1:00pm – Closed after 1:00pm
- Wednesday 16 May 2018 – Closed all day
- Monday 21 May 2018 Open only from 12:30pm until 3:30pm – Closed after 3:30pm
- Wednesday 23 May 2018 – Closed all day.
- Thursday 24 May 2018 Open only from 2:00pm – 3:30pm – Closed after 3:30pm
- Friday 25 May 2018 Open 9:30am – 3:00pm – Closed after 3:00pm
Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour: Daily
Buses Depart Every 5-10 mins from Main Tourist Points and Every 15-20 mins from elsewhere
Departure point: You can join the tour from any of our 60 stops. Each of our stops will be clearly signposted Golden Tours Hop on Hop Off/London Tour Bus.
Click here to view a complete open top bus tour timetable
Click here to view the latest service information
Step in and let the Abbey take your breath away as you contemplate 1000 years of living history. Since King Edward the Confessor built his church in the 11th century, the Abbey has been a fundamental part of the history of the nation. It has held 39 coronations since 1066, 16 royal weddings and is the final resting place for 17 monarchs. Be sure not to miss the Coronation Chair and the beautiful Lady Chapel!
A visit to the Abbey is also a celebration of the nation’s greatest achievers. Discover Newton’s tomb and Darwin’s resting place and feel the power of poetry in Poets’ Corner. And don’t forget to wonder at the Grave of the Unknown Warrior, a tribute to the fallen in international military conflict.
With a multimedia guide providing you with fascinating commentary throughout your royal adventure, you will be promised an unforgettable day in the Abbey
Indulge the quintessential British tradition of afternoon tea located inside the Abbey. Settle down to a scrumptious selection of savouries, homemade raisin scones, handmade cakes and delicious teas including English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Oriental Sencha, Peppermint and more.
Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
Top off your London exploration with a 24 hour hop-on hop-off bus tour through the heart of the capital. With 3 routes to choose from and over 60 stops, you’ll be taken to all of the city’s most famous landmarks and locations. From Sir Christopher Wren’s masterpiece of St Paul’s Cathedral to the glass skyscraper, The Shard, you will have the chance to explore it all! With exciting onboard audio commentary throughout, you’ll discover London’s fascinating history as you journey through the city before putting to good use the unlimited hop-on hop-off!
What's Included in the tour
- Entrance to Westminster Abbey
- Multimedia guide
- Afternoon tea
- 24 hop-on hop-off bus tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Additional food and drink
- Westminster Abbey multimedia guides in 13 languages and sign language-English, French, German, Dutch, Hungarian, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and Arabic
Hop-on hop-off audio guides available in