ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
ScheduleOpen daily (except Christmas Day)
Opening hours: 10.00 to 16.00
Last admission one hour before closing time
Address: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 2LF
- Be amazed by the magnificent lions, cheetahs, chimps and more!
- New exhibits include Cheetah Rock and Rhinos of Nepal
- Educational and fun day out for everyone
Get closer to some of the hairiest, scariest, tallest and smallest animals at ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. These historic zoos, run by the Zoological Society of London (ZSL), between them house over 1000 amazing species among beautifully landscaped grounds - one an urban oasis, the other a wild adventure.
BIG 5 adventure
Pack your kit bag, put your boots on and see if you’re big enough to find the BIG 5 at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo! Come to the zoo and see some of the biggest and best stars of the animal kingdom - lions, giraffes, elephants, bears and rhinos.
Come and see our cheetahs in their fantastic new 5,000m2 enclosure, get up close and personal to these fantastic cats. With photos, facts and our amazing Cheetah Rock game, this section is all you need to know about nature's kings of speed.
Lions of the Serengeti
The Lions of the Serengeti exhibit provides unique and intriguing views of our pride of African lions – a truly unforgettable experience.
Rhinos of Nepal
The new Rhinos of Nepal exhibit is now open, providing an amazing new home for our greater one horned rhino herd
What's Included in the tour
- Entry to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
What's Excluded in the tour
- Food and drink
- Children under 16 will not be admitted without an adult
- Permission must be obtained for all filming and photography for commercial purposes
- Please note, there is no provision for left luggage
- No dogs are allowed on the ZSL Whipsnade Zoo premises
- Bicycles and motor bikes are not allowed on Zoo premises
- Rollerskates, rollerblades, skateboards are not allowed on zoo premises. Children's scooters are permitted under the supervision of an adult.
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.