The Old Vic today announces the inaugural season of new Artistic Director Matthew Warchus, which features an eclectic programme ranging from a newly-adapted Ibsen classic starring Ralph Fiennes to the world premiere of a new musical, Groundhog Day with new commissions including a stage adaptation of Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax, a dance production and a series of variety nights embracing The Old Vic's history and its roots in music, dance and vaudeville.
Productions will include:
- A new play, Future Conditional, by Tamsin Oglesby, featuring 23 young performers, directed by Matthew Warchus, starring Rob Brydon
- The Hairy Ape by Eugene O’Neill, directed by Richard Jones
- The premiere of a new stage adaptation by David Greig of Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax directed by Max Webster
- An Ibsen classic, The Master Builder, in a new adaptation by David Hare with Ralph Fiennes in the title role, directed by Matthew Warchus
- A new dance thriller, Jekyll & Hyde, created by one of the UK’s most innovative theatre choreographers, Drew McOnie
- Harold Pinter’s The Caretaker, starring Timothy Spall, directed by Matthew Warchus
- The world premiere of a new musical adaptation of the film Groundhog Day, book by original screenwriter Danny Rubin, with music and lyrics by Tim Minchin, choreography by Peter Darling and directed by Matthew Warchus
- A series of Variety Nights inspired by The Old Vic's vaudeville history featuring household names and newcomers in comedy, music, magic and variety
- The Old Vic Community Company on The Old Vic stage for a week for the first time with a new commissioned work, Rise
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!