Guided Lake District trip with Afternoon Tea, Cruise on Lake Windermere & much more
More information about Guided Lake District trip with Afternoon Tea, Cruise on Lake Windermere & much more tickets
- Reserved Seats on Virgin Trains
- Lake Cruise on Windermere, England’s Largest Lake
- See Bowness & Tarn Hows
- See Yew Tree Farm – where Miss Potter was filmed
- Visit Hawkshead Village
- Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe, Beatrix Potter’s home
Days of departure: Monday to Friday
Check-in time: 8:00am
Finish (approx.): 9:25pm
Departure point: Euston Station
- Hilltop is closed in winter.
- Once booked this tour is non-refundable
- This tour will only operate with minimum numbers during the off peak season (October to March). Please call 24 hours after making your booking to confirm
- Children under 5 are not accepted on the tour due to safety issues
- Reserved seats on Virgin Trains
- Lake Cruise on Windermere
- Visit to Hawkshead Village
- Cream Tea at Beatrix Potter's own home Lindeth Howe
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel transfers
Departure from Euston Station
Make your way to Euston Station for 8.00am, where you will meet your Golden Tours representative by the ticket office. The train leaves Euston station at 8.30am, arriving at stunning Oxenholme in the Lake District at 11.08am, where your guide will meet you on the platform.
Oxenholme and Lake District
After you are taken to the vehicle that will be your transport for the rest of the day, it’s time to hit the road and see the Lake District! You’ll travel on winding country roads, through picturesque villages and past cute cottages.
Arriving in the Lake District you will travel to Windermere, where you will enjoy a cruise on England’s largest Lake. The panoramic views from the lake are spectacular towards the Lakeland Mountains, so make sure you don’t forget your camera!
The day continues with a visit to the charming village of Hawkshead, a medieval settlement originally owned by the monks of Furness Abbey. Its church dates back to 1300, and famed poet Wordsworth studied at Hawkshead’s grammar school!
Before making our way back to Windermere you will have the chance to enjoy some fresh country air during a photo stop at Tarn Hows. This is a beautiful and peaceful setting with Mountains in the background. You may even see some of the famous Herdwick Sheep grazing.
Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe – Family Home of Beatrix Potter
You will enjoy a deliciously British cream tea at Beatrix Potter’s family home, Lindeth Howe. A four star classic Lakeland country house hotel in Bowness, Lindeth Howe is set in 6 acres of its own private garden. Tuck in to fresh clotted cream, jam and scones in this beautiful setting.
Your guide will escort you to the train station for your return journey back to London. You will leave Oxenholme at 6.30pm, arriving at Euston Station at 9.24pm. (Departure times on Saturdays may vary, so please refer to your welcome pack on the day.)
First Class (optional) includes refreshments served at your seat